[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Astrobiology & Pansperma

I responded to a post on meteorobs on 27 Feb. '99 by Thomas Ashcraft as:

>      I haven't read the two books you cited in your post asking about
> astrobiology and meteors, but I did try to entice a comment or two
> about the possibility of life above 45-60 mile altitude when I made a
> reference to bioluminesence in a thead of either Low Luminous Events
> or Wide Dark Meteors, but nobody responded to that part of the post.

     This fits well within the 85 km (52.7 miles) of the post on CCNet
concerning Pansperma and of a potencial life zone I was refering to in this
post and others in late Feb. '99. As the old-timers may remember I
believed that bioluminescence could have caused very low luminous events
that I was seeing. I was trying to get imput from other members but ran
into heavy criticism. Within days we found out about the possible
discovery of living organisms at 39 km in the 1960's, but comformation
of this high balloon recovery has been wanting for many years, the Indian
flight is still needs funding it looks like, they were supposed to go a year
ago Nov.

     As the discussion went on , for days, one member thought if it existed,
the life zone, then it could be like an inversion layer which prompted me to
advance the name for this potencial life zone one of two names, High
Altitude Boundry Inversion Layer (HABIL), which sounds like a life zone,
or simply Biological Smog (BS) for the fun of it.

     While my proposed life zone was much higher, we were not aware of the
1960's findings, I still believe that the life zone is out there and the CCNet
post seems to lean in my favor if they are right.

                                                            Dave English
                                                            Oceanside, California