[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) (Meteorods) Request for Sighting Confirmation

Good evening all.

Please forgive the armature reporting here but I am only beginning in this area and not at all a professional.

I am trying to confirm a sighting – I am the person whom saw the meteor – a meteor seen at barring 180.4° from location 36° 52.80’N 094° 94.45’ W.

Meteor was seen passing from altitude approximately 52° Elevation at heading 174° and disappeared below a tree line at altitude 9° at heading 180° or almost due west, seen at 0358 GMT or 9:58 PM Central Standard Time.  Time was confirmed to be EXACTLY correct using Master Clock Coordination.

This had a greenish cast to it and a short vapor trail lasting only 3 to 5 seconds.

I’d like to hear back.

Sincerely,

Brian R. Cross

324 C Street NE