[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) [Fwd: meteor sighting from aircraft, ground contact possible]

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-meteorobs@jovian.com [mailto:owner-meteorobs@jovian.com]On
Behalf Of Robert Lunsford
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 11:42 AM
To: Meteor List
Subject: (meteorobs) [Fwd: meteor sighting from aircraft, ground contact
possible]

If anyone else witnessed this event please share your description with
both Joe and the list.

Thanks!

Robert Lunsford

In the attached forward was this message.

12-3-00
This evening I observed easily the brightest meteor I have ever witnessed
from the ground or the air. I was flying into DFW airport when about 100
miles northeast of sabine pass on the texas gulf coast at an altitude of 35
thousand feet(approx 10:05 PM), I observed a very bright green light descend
from above 60 thousand feet down into a cloud layer at about 20 thousand
feet still burning very brightly. If anyone has any information on this
sighting or could point me in the right direction I would be very greatfull.
Joe Robau 214-912-7961
joenet1@prodigydot net
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/
Bright is the word here.  We saw it in bright city lights.  Brighter than
the moon in fact.

I'm going to consider that confirmation.

Sincerely,
Brian R. Cross
324 C Street NE
Miami, OK  74354-5913