[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Seeing the Geminids this year

HitTheRoadCarol@aol.com asks:
>Does anyone know when the Geminid Showers will be able to be seen over
>Las Vegas, Nevada?

Hi, Carol! Your message to our 'meteorobs' list "bounced", as you are not
a current subscriber to the list. The short answer to your question would
be "any time after dark, on the 13th of December". But if you want to see
the MOST meteors from the Geminid meteor shower and several other "minor"
showers going on that night, or possibly see even better displays on other
dates in December and January from two OTHER "major" showers, you might
consider joining our 'meteorobs' mailing list and listening in! :)

If you are interested in the list, let me know. You might also consider
browsing the following Web sites for more info on the Geminids, and on
how to "see more meteors!" :)

    http://Web.InfoAvedot net/~meteorobs/namnnotes0012.html

    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/showers.html

    http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/geminids.html