[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor shower prediction

Lew Grammar wrote below about the McKinley book which is great for lots of
reasons.

Powell Books http://www.powells.com/ often has copies and will notify you
by email when they get a copy.

Abe Books http://dogbert.abebooks.com/ has four copies as of today.

I have not tried any other search sites.

Terry

>However, you also asked about a book, the beautifully written and
>authoritative "Meteor Science and Engineering", D. W. R. McKinley, New York:
>McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1961.
>
>This book is indeed worth going to extremes to get a copy of - it is a BIBLE.
>And along with a few other books, e.g., by Oepik, Whipple, and others, it is
>the best (albeit well-dated) source I know for learning about the physics of
>meteors and the technology of meteor observation. (It's particularly focused
>on radio methods, but most of the material is really of broader interest.)

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
pager #937-1048
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/

Office Location: Science Center Room 102

Packages must be shipped to:

Terry Richardson
College of Charleston Dept. of Physics
58 Coming St., room 101