[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteorite said to start backyard fire

Thanks for your clarification of the two stages of dark fall - the post-
incandescent phase, followed by true free-fall.

>I doubt there would be much significant "solar" heating of a meteorite
>falling thru the atmosphere...particularly at night.  :o)

Perhaps then you could reread Ed Majden's excellent post, and offer your
own explanation for the observations he mentions in his WGN article. As
always, your contribution would be most welcome.

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer