[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Meteoroid temperatures in space near the Earth

    Back in the 1960's a paper was published in the Journal of the
Meteoritical Society, METEORITICS.  The bible of Meteoritics!  Dr. Halliday
told me that this article was on the temperature of meteoroids in space near
the Earth.  From what he could recal, the main point was that, depending on
the albedo of the object, the temperature could be above or below 0 Celsius
when it arrived at the atmosphere, which seems reasonable.  Does anyone have
or know where we can get a copy of this paper in Meteoritics?

Ed Majden