[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Geozay's analysis of my hot meterorite scenarios

In a message dated 12/7/00 3:10:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
zormsk@bigfoot.com writes:

<<
 >Scenario 2: Meteorite strikes a vehicle or other metallic object containing
 volatile and/or flammable materials, again sparks, followed by fire.<

 <GZ's retort: Only on TV and in the movies.  A fuel truck for example, if
 half full
 wouldn't have enough oxygen in proper proportions to the fuel vapor to catch
 on fire if struck by a red hot meteorite. It would need to puncture the
 tank,
 let some fuel drain out where there will be the right mixture and then come
 into the proximity of a heat source.>

stephen>> That's exactly what would happen if a such a vehicle were to be
impacted.  I
 make no claim as to the likelihood of such a collision. >>

From the conditions you described above, you wouldn't have what I described
below. Its the egg before the chicken thing.
geozay