[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids

I decided to go out last night and see if I could spot any Geminids. It was
clear but the moon glow was awful and my LM was 5.4. To my suprise I saw
three Gemininds in quick succession. THey were fairly bright and fast, all
were yellowish in color. It was cold 30F so I decided to pack it in after an
hour. Tonight looks like I'll be under 100% cloud cover. Hopefully, the
14/15th will have enhanced activity. Here is a brief report

Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Lat:         39.76N
Lon:        75.52W

Date         Time (UT)   Obst.  LM   GEM     SPO   Total
Dec.12/13 5:32-6:37    0%    5.4   16          4        20

Geminid Magnitudes

-1	0	1st	2nd	3rd
  2         2          8       	  3	  1

Jason Shanley