[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids from London,UK

I've just spent around 3 hrs watching the Geminids(0200 UT - 0530 UT)  from
my back yard,and trying to photograph them.I wasn't counting but i must
have seen about 15-20 good fireballs in that time including a -5 and a pair
of -4s.Many occurring in clumps... the best was around 5 in 3 or 4
minutes,all above 0mag...so theres quite a few brighter ones about! It was
fairly hazy, and plenty of patches of wispy clouds ,so i saw very few
fainter meteors,and only a hand full of SPOs.

Clear skies
Leo

Follow-Ups: References: