[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) First Geminids report.

mike>>  However, I should elaborate a little on the mag -1 SPO. Its slow,
>  wobbly long path was very typical of space junk re-entry, so my
>  ratio of GEM:SPO may be order of 4:1 >>

geozay>> In seconds, roughly how long did it last?<<

mike>>About 3-4 seconds. It had a comet-like large orange "head" and
wispy trail. Quite unusual appearance, which is why I doubt it was
a meteor.<<

Sounds too short of a duration to be space junk re-entry. Too short to be an
aircraft trail. Sounds more like a meteor to me than anything else.
GeoZay