[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN 2001 - A New Direction

Wesley Stone wrote:

>>>That said, it would be nice to have a printed source like the IMO's
_Handbook for Visual Meteor Observations_ widely available in North America.
When I decided to get involved in meteor observing after the 1993 Perseids
(realizing I had no clue how a ZHR was calculated), I purchased one of the
1989 editions from Sky Publishing. Even though much of the information is
outdated, I still find myself thumbing through it.<<<

That has been discussed in the past, but all that we can offer at the moment
is the NAMN Handbook available online and via an emailed file. The observer
can then print a copy for their use at home. It is not as detailed as the
IMO handbook, but does discuss the basics of collecting data.

Thanks for your comments!!

Mark Davis
meteorobs@charlestondot net