[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: FOV of Field definition

Jason,

FOV stands for field of view. What you want to report here is the center
of your field of view expressed in celestial coordinates. For instance
if the bright star Regulus was center in your field for a particular
period then you would enter 10:05 (151 degrees) for right ascension and
+12 for declination. It would look like 10:05 +12 or 151 +12. This gives
everyone an idea of what part of the sky you were looking at when you
recorded your meteors. This figure can be used in the calculation of
your rates and perception. These celestial coordinates can be obtained
from any star atlas.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford

"Shanley, Jason" wrote:

> Could anyone define Field or FOV that is submitted with visual reports? I am
> not sure what to report under this category.
> Jason Shanley
> AstraZeneca
> RmB209
> 1800 Concord Pike