[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) daylight fireball in TX, 12/15/00?

>Hello,
>
>I received a photograph showing a possible daylight fireball at the Big
>Bend National Park, Texas. It was taken a few days ago on Dec 15 at 10:18
>a.m. local time. Are there any visual confirmations of this event?
>
>Best wishes,
>Sirko

I was sent this image as well. Judging by the lens flares in the
image I concluded the fireball was simply a reflection of the sun on
one of the lenses. The lens flares indicate the sun is not far from
the upper right corner of the image. I have a similar image taken in
Alberta, Canada in 1978.

Gary