[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: FOV of Field definition

Kim Youmans wrote:
>As a beginner, there was a bit of mystery that I had to clear up as far as
>orientaion during a session. Is it OK to look all around, back behind me, to
>the right or left, if I plan on writing a report? The answer is basically no.
>I was told it was important to keep oneself focused on the FOV recorded...

Kim, I hate to say it, but my application of the technique is exactly the
opposite of the above! For every session period, I basically record where
my BODY is pointing. But in order to keep my attention level up, to avoid
any occasional cloud (and corresponding F-factor adjustment), and just to
make my observing a bit more varied and enjoyable, I move my eyes around
all the time, and my head from time to time as needed... Is this wrong?

Kim, I'll take the liberty of speaking for you, and say that we'd BOTH be
interested to hear what other experienced observers do! :)

Clear skies,
Lew

Follow-Ups: References: