[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: FOV of Field definition

Lew wrote:

>>> But in order to keep my attention level up, to avoid
any occasional cloud (and corresponding F-factor adjustment), and just to
make my observing a bit more varied and enjoyable, I move my eyes around
all the time, and my head from time to time as needed... Is this wrong? <<<

Lew,

I don't think this is what Kim was implying (correct me if I am wrong
Kim).......if I am not mistaken, he was speaking of relocating yourself from
your original FOV.....for instance, looking directly behind you. I often
"see" a meteor at the edge of my FOV and quickly turn my head to verify it.
I also "scan" my FOV by moving my eyes around. I don't record these as a
change in FOV, because I stay with my FOV. But if I set up facing a new
direction, I record that as a change. I don't "scan" the entire sky by
moving my head around.......

Happy Holidays!

Mark

Follow-Ups: References: