[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: FOV of Field definition

Hi all!

I personnally allways try to watch in the same direction, that's to say not moving
my eyes more than 5° around the FOV I record. It's sometimes quite difficult allways
watching the same part of the sky and sometimes the stars are disapearing( might be
due to the fact that the eye's habit seeing allways the same light points make them
disappear) but they appear again when I move a little bit the eyes. I also don't
move to much because, like Bob, I think this will probably change our perception. I
think that it's mainly based on the movement of the meteor you see it, more than the
brightness. That's why sometimes I move quickly the head believing I'll see a meteor
and it's in fact just a plane or a satellite moving toward the sky. And I think that
if you're allways moving your eyes, you won't have the same peception because you'll
be used to see the sky moving, whereas when you stay immobile, the move of the
meteor will help you to see it.
That's what I think. Have the others also notice that?

Clear skies ansd good Ursids!

Karl.