[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Request for previous years' Ursid obs from veteran observers

Dear "Veterans",
   Norman McLeod's message made me realize that there are a number of
veteran observers out there in net-land.  If you all would be so kind,
please consult your records and see if you have any data about Ursid rates.
Even better if, IMO-style, you can provide magnitude data.  But don't be shy
if you didn't record that info.  I can tell you from personal experience
that rate data is very difficult to find in published articles!  I couldn't
find any data in Popular Astronomy, Sky and Tel, or Strolling Astronomer (up
until 1971, Bob) about Ursid rates.  But with the magic of the net, you may
be able to provide the data no one thought to publish, and sadly sometimes,
didn't even request!
   Thanks for your time devoted to this research.
   Sincerely,
   Rich Taibi