[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SURPRISE METEOR SHOWER: the Ursids

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob McNaught <rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Cc: <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) SURPRISE METEOR SHOWER: the Ursids

> > No, as far as I know there is no precedent, other than the recent
predictions
> > for the Leonid shower.
>
> Don't forget that the first successful prediction for a meteor outburst
> was from Reznikov's dust trail analysis for the 1998 Giacobinids.

Hi Rob
This was not the first
The first successfull prediction for a meteor outburst was from
Peter Jenniskens on the Alfa Monocerotids 1995
http://home.wanadoodot nl/dms/alfamono/1995/alfamono.htm

>He had
> the time of maximum to within the uncertainty of the observations!
>
> Cheers, Rob

Good luck on the Ursids Observations ,
We will be observing from 1 UT to sunrise  7 UT
Wheader looks Great here
Robert Haas
Delphinus DMS

Follow-Ups: References: