[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bright Meteor 2

That meteor was about all for that area of the sky, only one other, a dim +4
or so meteor within the next hour but it was long too, about 20 degrees.
The meteor that got me outside was a -3 to -4 mag (missed putting that in
in a rush to finish two e-mails). It was different in that the head of the
meteor was one color, an electic or neon green/blue (more green) orb. The
tail was an amber color with no lengthening of the heads color into the
train. Very nice indeed.  My clock was off by an hour, I posted  just after
seeing it (and I've fixed my clock).

                                                         Dave English