[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SURPRISE METEOR SHOWER: the Ursids

In a message dated 12/21/2000 7:36:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au writes:

<< I'm still away from home, so can't check, but I was referring to the
 Leonid study published in the 1960s in the Griffith Observer or some
 such publication. >>

Oh . . . then you are referring to Dr. Edward Upton of UCLA and former
Associate Director of the Los Angeles Griffith Observatory.  Upton wrote an
excellent Leonid article in the Griffith Observer back in May 1977 ("The
Leonids Were Dead, They Said") . . . the article was reprinted in the
November 2000 issue of the G.O.

-- joe