[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursids from Nth California

Observing from my front yard in Novato CA, from midnight to 1 AM, under 80%
cloud cover, there was only one meteor visible, which was a nice one.
Visible through the clouds, visually it appeared to be magnitude one, but
since there was a layer of cloud between me and the meteor, it was probably
quite a bit brighter.

One of the highlights of the evening was the close passing of an owl, only a
few feet above me, directly in my view, and totally silent.

Start Time: 0805Z
End Time: 0910Z
Teff: 60 (5 mins down time)
Location: Novato California (Lat: 38.1713295 Lon: -122.6993256)
Altitude: approx 200m ASL
Zenith LM: ~3 (at times I could see 6 stars in the Pleaides, at other times
even Jupiter was fuzzy)
Horizon LM: ~1
FOV Center: Auriga (Capella) (varied as cloud cover rolled across)

URS: mag 1 at 0842Z (seen through clouds, almost due north of my location)

This is quite possibly one of the shortest reports I've ever done...  no way
to know if there had been a peak :-)

Robert.