[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ursids

Well here in Kansas the skies were crisp clear and the weather really cold
It was recommended that we should try starting 1:29 am.

I went out and at 1:38 so a beautiful slow moving fireball (mag -3) , yellow
white overheard moving toward the ursa major paw. Really pretty it left a a
.5 second yellow grey train.

Otherwise saw 2 other sporadic 2 magnitude but no ursids. Since the storm
seemed not to show , I retired 30 minutes later.

 Dr. Eric Flescher (KCStarguy@aol.com) - webmaster Eric's Black Sun Eclipse
website - http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/eclipse.htm -editor-
Black Sun eclipse newsletter (eclipse and astronomy news etc- to subscribe
send email to blacksunnews-subscribe@egroups.com

Eclipse info for 12/25 and jan 2001
http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/nexteclipses.htm