[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursids: no outburst seen from France

Hi all!

Just a brief summary report of the watch I realized on 21-22 december
night from France. No real big activity of the Ursids:only 5 meteors
from this radiant in a little bit more than 2 h Teff. On the opposite,
quite high sporadic rate:35 in total for the entire watch. The
highlights were a -3 fireball that let a little train at the end of the
path, and also too very fast meteors that pass just near the center of
my field of view but I couldn't distinguish ( too fast ). I only so the
flash of light they made. I observed from 03 h 21 to 05 h 59 UT, but
hadn't seen any outburst.

Shower  -6  -5  -4  -3  -2  -1   0  +1   +2    +3    +4  +5  +6  +7
tot
URS       0   0    0   0    0   0   0   1    2.5    1.5     0     0
0    0     5
Spor.      0   0    0   1    2   1   1   2    10      7      5.5  14
1.5   0    45

I also had a little question: Why do Ursids outbursts hapenned six years
after the comet Tuttle reached perihelion whereas the Leonids whose
outbursts allways occured the year the comet passes closed the Sun?

Clear skies!

Karl.