[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Active Non-Ursids 12-22/23-00

     I had an enjoyable but cold post-Ursid peak observation last
night.  Under LM +6.3 - 6.4, I had two+ hours of Teff in which overall
rates were 22 and 21 meteors each period, from 07:47 - 10:00 UT.  The
Ursids made a slight showing but the  SPO's, or non-Ursids, were the
real treat.  Like Jure, many of my meteors were faint.  There was a
burst of 6 meteors in less than three minutes at around 8:20UT.  Many of
the brighter meteors had trains and were fast.
    I haven't used my meteor kit for some time now and when I opened it
I found quite a mess -- my bug lotion had flipped and emptied its
contents on my charts!  They were unusable.  The only radiant I had
checked had been the Ursids, so my observation  had to become one of
Ursids vs.all others.  In the 19 degree cold, I was all too happy to
forgo plotting in any event!
        I'll try to post a short summary as soon as  write my report.
Kim Y.