[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Ursids active or not - Or unusual stream composition?

Hi Mike,

> I guess we should wait and see what the final report conclusions
> are from everything submitted to IMO for this weird shower.

well said. I fully agree with you!

What I find most surprising is that many European observers saw more or
less increasing activity towards the end of their observing window at 6 UT
(you read the reports of Rainer, Marco and me), whereas most of the
Americans reported only low activity at the given time. The European
increase cannot be due to a raising radiant, since that translates only
into a different digit behind the point in the correction factor.

We have clear enhancements in video data (see my and Peter's report), but
no indication of increased actitivy in reliable radio data like the
Ondrejov backward scatter, which easily picked up recent outburst like the
Draconids. That's all very strange...

A merry Christmas to all of you!
Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *