[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteorites and Terminal velocity

Bob Young and others interested in Cherenkov lights/radiation, I was
able to find several pages of hits on the google search engine using the
words Cherenkov radiation, but some hits can be found under Cherenkov
lights, including one of my meteorob posts- live forever on the web!:

       http://www.google.com

 My other search engines kept turning up pages of products (?).  After
reading about ten websites two of the best are:

    http://math.ucrdot edu/home/baez/physics/cherenkov.html

    The UCR is the best but for more math try:

     http://Rd11.web.cern.ch/RD11/rkb/PH14pp/node26.html

     After reading the first site, I wondered if the blue meteor train/trails
seen in Russia in 1947 and Mongolia in 1999 (8?) were products of
Cherenkov lights? Could they account for the kilometer and plus radiation
seen from some point meteors? Something for the experts to consider.

                                                 Dave English
                                                 Oceanside, California