[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: viewing from the middle east

Arlene,

Those situated in the Middle East can most likely see Quadrantid
activity on both the mornings of January 3 and 4. The rates will not be
high as you will be seeing the pre-maximum activity on the 3rd and the
post-maximum activity on the 4th.

The best viewing time is the hour just before the start of morning
twilight when the radiant is situated highest in the sky. I would
estimate you should see up to 25 Quadrantids an hour each morning if
your skies are clear and transparent.

If you miss this one don't worry as the Quadrantid show in 2003 will
peak over your area without lunar interference.

Good Luck!

Bob Lunsford