[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) FM Stations

        I was fortunate (in a sense) during the past Leonid peak.  While
I was
clouded out visually I had fine success in tuning in FM car radio
meteors while
driving around looking for holes in the clouds.  WJBF-TV Channel 6 in
Augusta,
Ga, about 80 miles away, signs off overnight but they apparently leave
their
transmitter on.  I therefore had a clear, quiet signal to use and I had
many,
many reflections the peak night, some of them lasting tens of seconds. I
had
tried to tune in radio meteors in the past with very limited success,
but I was
quite impressed with the number and duration that night.
        So perhaps one tack would be to find out if any TV stations in
one's
area signs off overnight.  Then one would have at least a couple or more
hours
in which to attempt to tune the meteors in.

        Kim Youmans