[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re:FM stations

In regards to TV stations via meteors - We are lucky in Australia having TV
stations operating as low as 46.17 MHz. This one in Toowoomba QLD reflects
very well off trains & can last up to 4 mins. CH1 & CH2 are also good (57.26
& 64.24MHz). Remember, TV Vision carriers are normally on .25 but also use
upper & lower offsets - ie .24 OR .26 MHz. Of course you'll get some on
unusual offsets. I usually use FM MODE on my scanner.
I've setup a page on Meteor scatter at:
http://www.geocities.com/wenlockb/icdx/icdx.html
and scroll down to DX articles & you'll see my page. This is in regards FM
radio but a similar rule applies to TV.
Cheers Geoff Wolfe <Cooma NSW Australia>