[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quadrantid Meteors 03/01/2001 06:50UT

Waking at around 6:35 I noticed the previous cloud cover breaking up so I
went out to sit in a car door which gave a good view east and north
including the Quadrantid radiant. In a teff. of 28 minute I saw 4 meteors
all Quadrantids. Observations were terminated due to the increasingly bright
dawn sky.

Location Bonnyton, Ayrshire, Scotland, UK. Latitude 55 24'56" Longitude 4
26' 00"
Limiting magnitude at zenith 5.0 falling to 3.0 between 07:05-07:15

Observing period       Magnitudes   0     1      2       3       4
 06:47UT - 07:15UT                  0     1      2       1       0

the 3 dimmer meteors were all seen in a 2 minute period around 07:00. The 2
mag.2 meteors had  short visible paths in Ursa minor/Draco. The magnitude 3
meteor had a long visible flight finishing in Cassiopea. The magnitude 1
meteor in Ursa major was seen at 07:15.

Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longitude 4 26' 00".