[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) FIREBALLS people !!

Wayne and others interested,
  I must say the remarks have spanned the spectrum, and I'm glad. It indeed appears there is life on the meteorobs
mailing list :-). I'm clouded out for the Quads (cirrus and cirrostratus) but the cam is running and any bright ones (-2
and above) should show through as Jupiter is barely visible.
  I will relent on my statements of apathy (for obvious reasons) and will apologize to all on this list for any reference
to meteor observation as anything short of science.
  I Will not, however back away from my opposition to Wayne's approach to fireball observations as being "no big deal".
Seems when you got a taste of your own medicine, Wayne, you reacted just as I did :-o  Overly zealous as I may have been,
I posted the Big Bend image to this list because you all are the experts. I expected much more than, at first NO
response, then, "it's no big deal". And your statement that one look at the Big Bend web image and you knew it was
bogus...confounds me!! C'mon Wayne :-(
  I will continue to post fireball observations to this list as long as Lew will allow me to do so. My hope is that my
requests for input and information will be met with the same consideration that some of you are demanding of me..dot simple
as that. (Wow... and you all thought Bob Yen had an attitude :-))
  Consider this the last of it.
Regards,
Jim Gamble
gamble@peoplepc.com