[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Icy Quadrantids from East GA

Hello all,
        I'm in the middle of finishing up my report from last night/this

morning and wanted to go ahead and get some of my numbers
out to the list.  The Quads didn't disappoint here, and neither did
the SPO's/DCA's (I forgot to observe for the COM's!!!!Dang it!!!!)
I was treated to 3 QUA fireballs (-3, -3, -4) and one SPO FB (-3),
one pair of *absolutely* simultaneous QUAs, and two (count 'em)
2 nebulous meteors, one of which was a real stunner!  Sorry,
PER's, the QUA's put you to shame!!!

I should have my actual report with LM's and Mag Distribution ready
later this evening, until then, here are the counts:

Period 1:  6:30UT - 7:33UT
SPO (10) DCA (3) QUA (9)

Period 2: 7:33UT - 8:35UT
SPO (15) DCA (4) QUA (29)

Period 3: 8:35 - 9:36 UT
SPO (13) DCA (1)  QUA(41)

Period 4 9:36-10:43 UT
SPO (13) DCA (1) QUA (45)

I spoke with Bob Lunsford via cell just minutes before the peak was
due...he was reporting rates of app. 1 per 45 seconds.  I am looking
forward to his report when he leaves the desert!!!