[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteorites and the 'meteorobs' list

Ed, thanks for your note. We are a meteor observing list - devoted to the
observation and analysis of the flashes of light which can be observed in
the sky when meteoroid particles enter the Earth's atmosphere.

As such, meteorites - meteoroid fragments that occasionally reach Earth's
surface after a meteor "fireball" - are not our primary interest. But we
try to share information with meteorite enthusiasts whenever appropriate
to both our interests - for example, in occasional cases when a fireball
is observed which MIGHT result in a meteorite being dropped.

If this kind of cross-over information is of interest, feel free to stick
around our list! But if you'd like to find out more about meteorites, and
in particular if your interest in them is commercial, please see our Links
page for alternate sources you will wish to pursue instead:

        http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/links.html

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>