[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: sizziling skies report

Hello:

> I have also read on the web that a
>meteor does not produce radio waves of its own. Any comments on this?

From what I have read after a meteor burns up it's ionized trail acts like
a mirror and only reflects the transmitting station signal.

I use 83.25 MHz or Ch.6 on CW mode here. I noted during the Leonids I
could hear them also on 67.25 MHz and my filter is set to reduce any noise
from the city FM stations and TV in the area as much as possible.

Clear skies