[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Magnitude Estimates

Hey everyone,
When I estimated my magnitudes on the Quads, I went to a tenth of a
magnitude...

Here's my response (someone on a message board asked me why I went to a tenth
of a magnitude) to why I did that, you guys can critique my estimation
technique if you want :)

---

Yeah, I did estimate them within a tenth.

I tried to be as accurate as possible using nearby stars.

Any estimation of a meteors brightness, is just that, an estimation.

I gave it my best shot to "Estimate" the meteors to the closest magnitude
possible. I could go ".5" but if I do that, and one is inbetween 1.5 and 2.0,
I'd hate to say 1.5 when in reality it was more like 1.7.

I just tried to be as accurate as possible, while it may not be a "norm", I'm
far from normal. :)

Regards,
Ted A. Nichols II