[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) adversity

Here is the scenario:

Impoverished college students arrive in Valdosta Ga. to observe the total solar eclipse in Mar 1970. We spend the night at the site sleeping in the car (40 deg F). After a miserable night, we get up at 5:30 and some enterprising fellow is serving very hot cups of cocoa at a high price.

It was so hot I burned my tongue and I was shivering so heavily the cocoa sloshed over the rim and burned my fingers.  (The things we do for love.)

Irregardless of internal effects of hot beverages, let the consumer beware.  :-)

Tom