[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: [SHALLOW] IMO says don't drink Hot Drink:- be quantitative

 >>How much heat are you going to absorb. The temperature of the coffee as it
is consumed. Not brewing or in Thermos temperature.
Probably around 70 degrees centigrade would be a reasonable estimate for
sippable hot drinks. However tea at 55 degree centigrade was about as hot as
I could comfortably drink fast. With slow consumption  continuous body heat
loss will mask any effects.<<

I don't suppose anybody will be glowing red hot in the dark from all this
heat absorption?  :o)

>>The energy input to the body from this large amount of hot drink is less
than you would get from eating a square from a chocolate bar.<<

Maybe so, but I don't think that a cup of coffee or tea is as fattening as a
chocolate bar. I wonder what the average weight is for a regular observer? :o)
GeoZay