[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Fireball, 20:25 CST, 08 Jan 2001, Minneapolis MN USA

Guy, thank you for this excellently detailed description of what you saw!
I strongly encourage you to submit a more formal report of your sighting
to the Fireball Data Center of the International Meteor Organization, via
the brief online reporting form you will find on the Web at this URL:

    http://www.imodot net/fireball/report.html

As for your fireball dropping a meteorite anywhere near you, don't hold
out too much hope! To see why, give the following Web page a quick browse:
    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/faq.html#fireballs
    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/fireballs.html

NOTE: Guy is not a current 'meteorobs' subscriber. If you choose to follow up,
please MANUALLY put 'GUY.WILLIAMS@prodigydot net' in the "Cc:" line of your reply!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>