[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireballs (plural!)

Greetings,

I can't make an official report because none of the particulars are known,
but my wife called from Arkansas last night (I'm in Tennessee right now) to
tell me of the fireballs she had seen.  She wasn't out observing, just
getting in the car when she spotted a very bright meteor.  She said it was
at least -6 but couldn't be certain because of the brightness of the moon.
30 minutes later, when she arrived at her destination, she spotted another
unusual sight while getting out of the car--two -5's simultaneously!!!
Again, she couldn't be certain of the brightness, but she said they were
both at least twice as bright as Venus.  She said all three were heading in
the same direction (west) and were of average velocity.

I'm so jealous...

--Terry