[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Sleepiness

I took No-Doze a couple of times back in school, otherwise known as
'crosstops' because of the pattern on the very small tablet.  I have no idea
how it affects your vision, but be wary of your heart and respiratory
condition.  A crosstop is equivalent to two cups of coffee, but the
stimulant is artificial and is in many ways similar to 1/4 tablet of the
drug speed!

I found Vivarin more to my liking.  You'll crash hard afterwards, but
they're good for a few hours of extra energy, and I never felt my heart
racing.

I personally eat a Snicker's bar when I need energy.  I know some people
will put this down as another way to just crash later on, but I keep a
cookie jar full of them anyway.  I find them very effective, and I if I get
tired later, I just eat another one.  :o)

Boy, how do you like that?  I have little to contribute along the lines of
meteors, but ask a question about chemical side-effects and I pipe right
up...

Oh, well.  Hope this helps.
--Terry Johnson

ps.  Along the lines of the Snicker's bar, I was just wondering about that.
I've always heard chocolate was a stimulant that made you feel worse
afterward.  Indeed, if I just eat a Hershey's it doesn't really help give me
energy at all.  However, Snicker's does.  Does anyone think it could be the
peanuts instead of the chocolate?  Maybe a combination?

Follow-Ups: References: