[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Bielids

In a message dated 1/16/01 3:49:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl writes:

<< So the time of the great  storms is definitively over, and even some minor
activity is inprobable. >>

    I might be wrong about this, but about five or seven years ago, in an
issue of the now-defunct "Meteor News" I read a rather terse, short notation
that the Bielids would be "returning" arond the year 2400(?).  I remember
nothing else except that an illustration of a 19th century meteor storm --
probably the Leonids -- was used with the Bielid notation.  Does anybody
recall seeing this?   -- joe rao