[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Travel plans for the 2001 Leonids?

There is (naturally) considerable uncertainty about the prospects for enhanced
activity from this coming November's Leonid meteor shower. However, for those
of us who may have been TOO cautious in our planning for the 1999 or even the
2000 Leonids, the prospect of passing up seeing yet ANOTHER outburst from some
darker-sky location is just too painful to risk!

(Also, it may occur to some of us that even if no outbursts are observed, the
experience of seeing even a "normal" major shower maximum from an exotic spot
on the globe is a memory that we may treasure for many, many years to come.)

Do any of our readers have plans to do significant traveling in this upcoming
November? Are there perhaps even group trips in the early planning stages? And
if you are planning to "run after the Leonids" this year, where do you intend
to go, and what predictive model or models are you basing your plans on?

I'd be interested in receiving private responses, in case some may feel this
is not a topic of current-enough interest on the list right now: I'll be sure
later on to summarize for the list everything that I receive.

Thanks, and clear skies!
Lew Gramer