[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) RE: doppler on FM

I acutally use an old analogue AM/FM tuner (TEAC T-515). The doppler effect
is very noticable & of course, the tuner only has FM mode for 93.3. I have
now heard this doppler whistle 3 times since November. I did send W8WN a
private email via the address on his web site. Maybe I sent to the wrong
address?
There is no beating against any other signal as 93.3 is blank here &
Brisbane came in on its own. No sign of either Launceston TAS or Hamilton
VIC (Both ABC Classic FM network). I use a very directional yagi antenna for
FM.
Cheers Geoff
BTW - I do not have a communications receiver for VHF/UHF. I use a Realistic
scanner (Pro-2004) for TV channels (El cheepo scanner)