[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AKM Video Meteor Observations 2000 - Summary

Hi Joseph,

>   I have one question... and it may sound naive  Would it make sense, as a
> method of experimental control, to now switch camera-location ?  (i.e.,
> camera A goes to where camera B was, and visa versa), as a way to
> counter-balance any 'effects' due to the camera themselves.

I will not give my camera away!!! :-))

No, honestly, there is no reason to do so. We are not so much interested
in the plain meteor numbers recorded at every site (even though that's
what is always presented in the statistics), but in the data as such, i.e.
the positional information. From this point of view it's irrelevant which
camera is operated where. So everybody uses his own camera he's most
familiar with.

What we do is to plan our observations when we go on Perseid or Leonid
expedition together in order to get most of a set of video cameras at one
site.

Best wishes,
Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *