[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball(?) sighting, Amherst VA USA, 28 Jan 2001

Sent to the IMO's Telescopic Commission. Sean, your sighting sounds very much
like a "space junk" reentry - though it might also have been a fireball caused
by natural interplanetary dust! If you can recall more exact details about your
event, it may be worth submitting a report to the international Fireball Data
Center in Germany, via their Web form at:

    http://www.imodot net/fireball/report.html

Note that with certain critical details, such as an exact time, an idea of how
bright your sighting was compared with other sky objects, and some indications
of where in the sky you saw the event, your report may end up being useful for
further scientific investigation of what you saw!

NOTE: Sean is not a current 'meteorobs' subscriber. If you follow up, please
MANUALLY put 'seanman1414@yahoo.com' in the "Cc:" line of your reply!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>