[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Asking a question about the radius

I don't think anyone answered this question so I'll try. The radius of
these antihelion radiants is large, 5 to 10 degrees. To make it more
complicated they are not always perfectly round either! They are usually
extended a bit in an east-west direction. That is why in my weekly
outlooks I usually refer to an area of the sky as the source of this
activity. The position listed is the center of this area.

The coordinates of the center of the November antihelion radiant depends
on the date. On November 1 it lies near 03:36 (54) +19 and on November
30 it lies near 05:32 (83) +23.

As for the names of these radiants in November during the first 25 days
of the month they are knows as the Taurids. The Taurids are usually
separated into north and south as there appears to be two distinct areas
of activity. During the last 5 days of the month and into December the
radiant is usually called the Xi Orionids.

I hope this helps!

Robert Lunsford

Huan Meng wrote:

> Hello, everyone:
>
> Now I've studied the radiants in Novembers. So I want to know the radius of
> the radiant which it's opposite to the sun (Is it STA or NTA?), the
> coordinate of its center, and what's the special name of it?
>
> All best wishes and Clear skies
> Huan Meng   meteorobs@263dot net

Follow-Ups: References: