[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) what does a meteorite look like?

hello all,
i just read an interesting article that appeared in my email box about the
meteor fall in the mexican
state of Chihuahua, northern Mexico, in 1969. fascinating!! one of my
passions living here in the 'stone capital of the planet' is collecting
beautiful stones (i am also an artist and use stones and rocks in my
artwork) and i realize that i may very well be stumbling over some
meteorites without even knowing it! can someone please tell me where to look
for a very accurate description of an actual meteorite? what about sizes?
how tiny can they be and be still recognizable? how could i know the
difference between something that came from a volcano from an actual
meteorite?

i'm living in a very volcanic part of the cosmos (not active any more
however!!) and the variety of rocks and stones and colors and shapes is
beyond my capacity to describe to you but it's wonderful here. i would just
LOVE to find a meteorite one day...is it possible do you think?

thanks,

arlene in assos...
in the footsteps of aristotle