[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteors by TV rf video

Hello there:  Have been tuned to CH3 (61.25 MHz) on my Radio Shack PRO2005
scanner and listening to the audio usually early in the morning and late in
the afternoon here in Houston, Texas.  Am using an FM Yagi antenna about 20
feet high pointed to the east.  There are no local CH3 tv stations but a
number of them to the east over about 150 miles.
Mostly in the morning the band is quiet and I have picked up a few pings but
a lot of tones (400- 1000 Hz) that can last less than and upto a few seconds.
 Is this real or caused by an aircraft or what??  Thanks,  Jerry Winkler