From: "Duncan Haddow" <Dunc@haddo.freeserve.codot uk>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Subject: meteor seen in Scotland
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:59:36 -0000

I am not an astronomer but I am sure that I saw a large meteor with a
train in the sky over Stirling tonight.(7/02/01)

It looked like a comet much bigger than any shooting star I have ever
seen. A round ball of fire with a cone shaped train behind. It moved
fast across the nights sky at about  19 30 - 19 40 hrs in a roughly
southwest to northeast direction.

Did anyone else see the same thing and can you tell me exactly what
I saw?

D H

------- End of Forwarded Message